05-AUG-2013 thru 11-AUG-2013
- Installed Oracle12c on Windows
- Learned about Common vs Local User, Oerr ORA 65096
- Learned about Container, Pluggable databases
ALTER PLUGGABLE DATABASE ... ;
- Started using MailStoreHome for Email Archival
- Learned of the software from Library of Congress
10-FEB-2013 – 15-MAY-2013
- Using MySQL v5.5 for idea of an App
- Used PERL to analyze GEDCOM files for anomalies
- Using TOAD for MySQL v6.3 for database work
- Familiarized myself with GitHub – not really part of #RootsTech 2012 ToDo List, but is related
- Learned/Used Graphic Syntax Diagrammer (atomble*)
- Used atomble to create a partial grammar for GEDCOM v5.5; made modest enhancements to v5.5
- CreatedGitHub repos.
- Corresponded with Tamura Jones. He provided an excellent article on GEDCOM.
- Updated last two blogs to reflect GEDCOM v5.5.1 being the defacto standard. Added 9 tags and removed 1 (BLOB) tag => 136 total tags.
- ?(day is young)
- tweaked graphic syntax diagram
- Emailed diagram to Ryan Heaton & Tamura Jones.
- As soon as I sent the email fixed typo in diagram and rendered some more things
- Read Brooke Ganz’s LeafSeek documentation.
- Rackspace Cloud Server – pricing: http://www.rackspace.com/cloud/cloud_hosting_products/servers/pricing/
- Bought PHP/MySql book after – motivated by Amy Johnson Crow
- Played with Steve Morse’s create a One-Step Search App.
- Created a Search App for Dziennik Polski – Detroit Newspaper database
- How did I lose a whole month away from technology? Other than the iPhone.
- Reacquainted myself with PERL shell scripting.
- Found an old perl script of mine that read gedcom files
- Modified the perl script (read_gedcom.pl) to read/analyze gedcom files and print some basic stats
- PERL shell scripting skills coming back.
- Mostly completed perl script to read/analyze gedcom files
- Created a new perl script (indent_gedcom.pl) to read/analyze gedcom files, print some basic stats and output an indented copy of the gedcom.
- I want to add UNICODE, and the ability to detect invalid GEDCOM tags to read_gedcom.pl .
- Learned a trick to embed Code into wordpress blog.
- saved a “DRAFT” entitled Sample Code
- See URL: http://en.support.wordpress.com/code/posting-source-code/
- Looks nice, SQL is supported (many languages)