September 24, 2011
Recently, I have been pondering how to improve this blog. So I have implemented a few things and I pray you will let me know your kind thoughts. Thanks
Here are the list of changes I have made today. Let me know if you think there are others that would be beneficial.
- Emails to me are easier. Just click on the pic [here in this post] or permanently on right sidebar.
- RSS subscriptions are more obvious – top right of the blog
- Access to other Pages moved up
- Thank You. – At the bottom (and here and now) I thank you for visiting me
- Previously I added my twitter feeds – mostly I announce new blogs posts, plus a few quips.
January 16, 2009
elcome to my blog!
If you read the About you will see that I am Stanczyk. As a jester, I will try to be amusing while I am musing. Do you like my picture (I was painted by Matejko)?
What you cannot tell is that I am Polish and I am sitting in a library. I have been employed by three Polish kings: Alexander, Sigismund the Old and Sigismund Augustus. I am an unabashed bibliophile hence why I spend so much of my free time in libraries. I like to trace my less than regal family lineage which can be found hither and yon about the Internet. I also tend to wander for work and what not.
I have wandered to many libraries, like The Library of Congress, the Family History Library (in Salt Lake City), and recently to a rather interesting bookstore. My wandering jests took me to Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, where I visited Baldwin’s Book Barn. This bookstore amused me and I easily whiled away more than an hour combing through the barn and its four floors with 300,000 books! Genealogists and bibliophiles make haste to their store.