Stanczyk ‘s position has been overrun! I was trying to write a blog, but the course of events has been running at EXTREME Internet speed so much of this blog post may be “old news” to you — but in case its not, this is very exciting news!
- By mid-year (2013), they plan to digitize 2.3 Million historical (>100 years old) vital records.
- This will happen in two phases: March, June
- This PDF file (see link) lists 40 pages vital records from MANY parishes (a few synagogues too):
- It appears the plan is to digitize about 1.37 Million records by March and the remainder (another 1 Milliion) by the end of June.
These are actual church record images! I hope they plan on digitizing records from the Kielce Archive (please do PACANOW, BIECHOW, SWINIARY, BESZOWA, ZBOROWEK, KSIAZNICE and STOPNICA parishes).
Can anyone detail the plans for JUNE yet? Unfortunately, the 1.37 Million records in March are NOT from the KIELCE archive or any parish where Stanczyk’s ancestors resided?
Do not forget about GENETEKA database in the meantime:
- Geneteka Database: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/
Thanks in advance for any answers from our genealogists resident in Poland!